 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / * (-5)
Re: SCLTC holiday show at Nixon Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:56:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
I contribute much of my return to LEGO as an adult to you guys.  The pictures on
your website and elsewhere inspired me more than any thing else.

Thanks!
Scott
http://www.scottwardlaw.com

Scott-

Thanks for the nice comments. The greater LEGO community has a wonderful history
of inspiring others. In our case, it was PNLTC's show at LLCA in 2001 that made
my family aware of LTCs and happy to help start one when the opportunity arose
later that year.

Happy Holidays!

-Ted

Re: SCLTC holiday show at Nixon Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:30:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Eric Sophie wrote:
Ted! I am always excited to see SCLTC layouts. Very well done! ALWAYS, a
pleasure to see. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

-Eric

Eric-

Thanks for the nice comments. It was a logistical challenge to run two shows at
the same time, but we did it.

The Library has been a wonderful venue. It's ("only") 20 miles from our home in
Irvine. We thank the TCA  (Train Collectors Association) for inviting us to join
them there.

Happy Holidays!

-Ted

Re: SCLTC holiday show at Nixon Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:06:31 GMT

I contribute much of my return to LEGO as an adult to you guys.  The pictures on
your website and elsewhere inspired me more than any thing else.

Thanks!
Scott
http://www.scottwardlaw.com

Re: SCLTC holiday show at Nixon Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:04:16 GMT

Ted! I am always excited to see SCLTC layouts. Very well done! ALWAYS, a
pleasure to see. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

-Eric

Subject:
SCLTC holiday show at Nixon Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:58:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) opened its first ever show at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda, California earlier this month. SCLTC joined the Train Collector Association (TCA) in its third winter holiday show at the library.

The theme of the combined event is mountains and bridges. SCLTC provided 8 bridges: an all new 20-foot, 4-track suspension bridge with 10-foot main span; a 15-foot, triple tower cable stayed bridge; a 7.5-foot arch truss bridge; twin 12.5-foot trestle bridges, and more. The layout features a huge city, separate town, massive intermodal freight yard, six operating wind turbines, Booty Bay pirate cove, revamped Inter-rail station, and 8 operating train loops. The city boasts new skyscrapers including fully appointed twin triangular towers, an art museum, and several towers by one of our newest member.

Hours
  • Monday-Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Sundays from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Admission
  • Adults: $9.95
  • Seniors 62 years and older and military personnel (with ID): $6.95
  • College students: $5.95
  • Children 7-11: $3.75
  • Children 6 and under: free
The show runs runs through Saturday, January 30, 2010

For more photos, visit this gallery.

For more information, contact me.

-Ted
SCLTC