 Trains / Train Organizations / 922
Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:19:15 GMT

I am nervous about modifying too many of my transformers, so maybe we need to
buy one for the group.

I can include some (2 or 3) controllers, without the 9V wall wart.  I have 2
110 ones which I am using the plugins for Mindstorms, and a Euro one (no
different, same wall wart connection).  LMK if you want 1 or 2 of them thrown
in...I find them useless so them going to a good home (like a KRR) would be
fine with me.

Who was the electrical guy, who was going to add a
resistor in the transformers to limit the speed?  Our GETS money should pay
for the electronic parts for this.
If all you are doing is adding a resistor, it shouldn't cost more than $10 for
2-4 resistors of enough power (10 W/10 Ohm should work to reduce speed enough,
they would be wirewound, and would get fairly hot)

The other choice is to buy a 4565 for the
group from the gets money, it has several plates, wheels and boggies, I'll
have to compare the cost of both.

(I'll Email you over this one)

James P