 Trains / Train Organizations / 918
Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 21:03:31 GMT

I'll take the van down, which means the whole layout can go, tables and all.

Actually the tables wouldn't be required, as they have them there for
only $8 each.  They require that the tables be skirted though, so I was
just going to get a roll of green paper to use as "skirts" and for green
baseplate substitutes.  That big van should be able to hold about ten
times the amount of LEGO as my Honda though...  :-)

We might as well use the tables we've got, rather than renting tables down
there.  Also, if they use generic banquet tables, which 103% of rental
places do, there's no real guarantee about a level surface.

It's not like you don't have a few grey plates to compensate with.  :-)

Duplicating our tables in rentals would run us another 40 or 50
bucks - I'd like to not spend money we don't have to.

The tables are 2'x8', so $40 would give us a good chuck more space
than we have with the existing tables.  The cost shouldn't be an
issue due to the "gate-share" cheque - the better our display, the
more votes, the bigger the cheque.  The tables are what take most of
the room in the van and are the main pain with setup and tear-down.
I'd rather spend several hours setting up a van full of LEGO, than
half the time and half the LEGO with all the extra table hassle.
Besides, the tables there would probably be lower to the ground,
and that's going to make all those "shorter viewers" happier, not
to mention easing the strain on parents shoulders.   :-)

By the way, are you going to be able to get Friday the 16th off
from work?  We're able to start setup at 15:00, which means leaving
here after lunch.  If we don't get there till 19:00 or 20:00, we
only have a couple hours for setup.

SRC
StRuCtures