 Trains / 9574
Re: 8-Wide Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 05:26:45 GMT

Great use of technic, Mike! I think the loco looks pretty good. The only
enhancement I can think is to use the half wide technic beams with no studs
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32065 - they'd probably look even better!
And the tie is generally closer to the centre of the wheels, though doing
this may cause sychronisation problems.

Regards,

ROSCO

Mike Knuepfel <mikeslegotrains@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi all,
  This is my first attempt at modeling a train in 8-wide.  I'd have to say
that im still not sure which size I like better.  This model is loosely
based on a Canadian Pacific 4-4-4 'Jubilee' that I saw on a website.  The
large gears with chains do work on the track.  This was the only thing I
could think of in order to simulate large train wheels. (The large train
wheels are probably older than I am). It should be exciting to see what
comes of this Train Summit.

LMKWYT,

Mike Knuepfel