 Trains / 9539
Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:13:39 GMT

lawrence wilkes wrote:

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

To take up a day and a half of several senior folks (including one flown
in from Europe [though I'd be really impressed if the main reason Jorn
Kristian Thomsen was in the US was for the Train Summit - I'd guess that
even if the Train Summit prompted his trip, that he had other meetings
in the US]).

Putting 2 and 2 together, isn't it the New York Toy Fair this week?
Presume that's why they were in town.

Perhaps they are going to unviel some trains there after all!!

Hmm, I think you may have hit on why Jorn is over here on this side of
the pond, though it doesn't necessarily imply TLC is going to show some
trains, they may have sent Jorn because they wanted to include a senior
designer, and since they also wanted to do this "Train Summit", why not
send the senior train designer? It does seem like a strong possibility
though that they are in fact going to show some trains.

Frank