 Trains / 9531

Subject:
Questions about 8 wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 09:10:53 GMT

Hello All,

I've just recently gotten into Trains and 8 wide seems to be the best for
modeling but I have a few questions.

1. What's a good length for a Diesel?
2. A Passenger car?
3. A Freight car?
4. What's a good height?

I understand that the answers to these questions can be very subjective, but
I would appreciate any help I could get.

TIA,
RObert Powell

Re: Questions about 8 wide
I've just recently gotten into Trains and 8 wide seems to be the best for
modeling but I have a few questions.

1. What's a good length for a Diesel?
2. A Passenger car?
3. A Freight car?
4. What's a good height?

I understand that the answers to these questions can be very subjective, but
I would appreciate any help I could get.

TIA,
RObert Powell

Height...hmmm. My stuff tends to be a bit taller (1 brick at most 2 bricks) the
standard LEGO stock. Length varies. I usually go 1 stud = 1.25 feet. When I am
trying to copy a prototype I usually try to judge by the size of the wheels and
trucks. Like the cab ends at where the from truck ends, or the fuel tank is just
a bit longer that the length of the trucks.

Chris
--
PGP public key available upon request.

Re: Questions about 8 wide