 Trains / 8846
Re: Discontinued Train Items??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:44:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rose Regner writes:

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote in message ...
Also the
whole
Basic line ends with this year.

I'm am a little confused. The points and crossings are not discontinued • but
the entire train line is discontinued? How can this be?

Those three sets are not the whole line: there are still 4560/4561, 4541, • 4556
and 4557. And discontinued sets make room for new sets.

I guess it's this statement that is confusing,, that the who;e basic line
ends this year. Doesn't this mean that everything is discontinued? Including
the points and crossings?

Rose

I read the statement as in Basic with a capital 'B' instead of basic as in
simple.  It would make sense that certain "bucket" sets and parts packs will
be discontinued to shift the focus to Lego Direct's bulk service.  After
all, the bulk prices for basic bricks only seem attractive when no cheaper
alternatives exist.

I just can't see the train line being discontinued, but I'm as curious as
everybody else to see what the new product for next year will be.

Imagine well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm