 Trains / 8826
Re: New idea for tanker cars..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:11:47 GMT

(heeheehee) Any reason to trot out some of my stuff! :)

I'd just post a link to the original thread, but the search engine is disabled
at the moment and I'm too lazy to go drilling, so I'll just go with a link to
the pictures. Sorry they're so huge, I've not got around to editing them to a
manageable size. What's showing there currently is Version One. Version Two is
complete and awaiting a date with my camera. V2 has a nice spine down the
middle and wider bits at the ends to support the cylinder. It'll likely require
a V3 before it's ready for full-fledged rail service.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone else out there comes up with a different (or
similar, even) version. I heard rumours somplace that some nut out there was
gonna make some white ones...

Cheers,
KMaynes

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Barnett writes:
I bought the Star Wars Escape Capsule of the 2001 series.  It came with the
for real big quarter cylinder pieces.  Two were grey, and the other two had
some wierd designes on them.  Anyway, back to my idea, get a few of the grey
ones, and put them all together.  After that put a large 8 wide satelite
dish at each end, and you have a tanker.  I am not into the trains, i cant
afford to invest in the trains, yet.  They look like a real blast, and i
hope to get into them before too long.

Give me some feedback on what you guys think about the idea with the tankers.

Jeff