 Trains / 7815
7814  |  7816
Subject:
Layout at AR River Valley Model Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ar
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:04:29 GMT

Quick note about our first outing.  The Arkansas River Valley Model Train Club
held it's annual show and sale in Jacksonville this past weekend.  We were one
of four layouts showing.  The others were "O", "G" and "HO".

When we were setting up we got a lot of strange looks and heard several
comments about toy trains.  After the doors opened and people got a look at
our layout the comments changed.  There were about 750 people that attended
and we never had fewer that 10-15 at the tables.

Of course we got the usual comments, "I didn't know Lego...", "where do you
buy this stuff", "are you a regional rep?", but the most pleasing one was "I
wish ____________ was here to see this, he/she/they loved legos".

Looks like we got three new members !!  and we were invited to two shows and
back to this one next year.  A tiring but fun day.  I hope to have pix up
sometime next week.

Matthew Greene