 Trains / 31711
Re: Dawn of a New Era in LEGO Trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2019 03:59:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, “Reinhard ”Ben\” Beneke” ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, “John” John@TCLTC.org wrote:
   LEGO Train fans! The time has finally come! It is time for our hobby to build to the correct scale of LEGO track, which is 1:38, or as I call it: L-Gauge Proto (LGP). It is easily referenced as 1 stud to 1 foot, or, in width parlance: 10wide. 20 years ago, I advocated for 8wide, and now, like the Jeffersons, I’m moving on up! It makes sense now, given the plethora of 3rd party suppliers, 3D printing technology, and the general acceptance of non-LEGO (impurity!) elements in LEGO train MOCs. The TCLTC has decided to debut this idea by presenting our upscaled version of the Brick Model Railroader NMRA caboose. We are busily creating more LGP MOCs, and hope that all you other fine, LEGO train builders join us, in order to create the most awesome LEGO train MOCs possible!

Pics here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=576680

Leg Godt! JOHN

Hi John!

Long time since I last time read/heard of you. Your 10w caboose looks great. Next I wanted to see a BigBoy engine pulling this and some dozen “SCHLEIM”-tanker cars in between... :-)

Keep us old Lugnetters updated, please + Leg Godt!

Ben

P.s.:

• I myself was several years active with your old favorite 8-wide trains #).

• Some months ago we managed the switch back to 6 wide &).

#) also referred to as “Duplo”-Trains

&) Some call them “Powered-Up” LEGO trains.

Lol, Ben, glad to hear that you have spent some time on the dark side!:-) We are working on some more schleimy rolling stock, but as it is, somebody already has built a 1:38 scale Big Boy! Check it out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bricksonwheels/sets/72157669623452005

Totally amazing! Now that’s what I’m talking about!:-)

JOHN