 Trains / 31201
Re: Basic Train Elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 02:43:03 GMT

I hardly ever use any of the special train elements.  Other than track, the new
large wheels, and the old style couplers (with removable magnets), it has been a
couple of years since I used a special train piece.  I use
http://www.bigbenbricks.com wheels otherwise, cause they tend to stay on the
axle better than LEGO wheels.  None of my designs use the train base plate.  I
usually use Technic plates or other Technic pieces.

I'm assuming that you know about http://www.bricklink.com for purchasing
individual parts.

Scott
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wardlws/

Yup I checked Bricklink too, looks like costs are comparable to the official
pick-a-brick -- atleast as per my research.

Thanks Scott. Let me see what I can do with my existing pieces.