 Trains / 31013
  Re: Converting an Emerald Knight to run on 9 volt track

(...) Hi all, Ive seen last weekend someone who showed me some brass train wheels. Verry nice done, fitting on the standard steel axle from the cars. I gave him some tips: isolate the wheels from the steel axle and use brass contacts on the (...) (14 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Converting an Emerald Knight to run on 9 volt track

(...) Not Brass, but they worked. (URL) I later had some steel wheels done up by a local machinist. I've also used some LIONEL 0 gauge wheels. The profile is similar, just a bit wider. Mat (14 years ago, 8-Dec-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)