 Trains / 30971
30970  |  30972
Subject:
Pulling power of different train systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:11:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello after a long time!

I played around somewhat with the different train systems. The result is displayed in this table:

And probably more interesting as a video: Pulling power of different train systems at YouTube

The used test rig looked like this (the kitchen balance could (and was) be reset to zero under any load). The counterweight was filled with coins to adept to the maximum pulling power of each engine:

Only the step 4 is featured in the video.

Hope you enjoy + Leg Godt!

See more pictures of my models at www.brickshelf.com