 Trains / 30697
30696  |  30698
Subject:
Boxcar instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:04:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Now available from:

http://bricks.railfonts.com

Boxcar- set 101

After many requests for instructions for my boxcar,

I’ve finally sat down and put together an instruction book. The result is a 62 page instruction set providing directions to build four variations on the classic American boxcar out of LEGO bricks. The instructions include both graphical and tabular parts lists for all four of the models.

Recognizing that many of you reading this may not be that familiar with how to obtain your own parts (or more likely, don’t want to place six different orders), I’ve made three variants that are compatible with the existing part selection from LEGO Factory. I’ve prepared parts packs for the latter three with the intent that you can order them directly from LEGO Shop at Home (as of this writing they were priced between $40 and $50 ea). The instructions include links to order these parts packs.

The first variant shows you how to built it in brown. You will either need the bricks or know how to order them from www.bricklink.com, ebay.com, lego.com, etc.. The other three variants that are compatible with the current part selection from LEGO Factory show you how to build a boxcar in red, tan and white. This instruction set is for a fan made custom model design that uses LEGO bricks to create the model. Since the LEGO Group does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product, and the selection of bricks in the LEGO Factory periodically changes, the availability of these parts packs are subject to change. If a change in availability does occur, we include a link for you to find any parts pack updates.

The instruction set is currently priced at $19.97. You can either download it for no extra cost (typically within 8 hours of ordering it) or have it shipped on a CDROM for a small additional charge. I will look into printing options soon.

It was a heck of a lot more work than I thought it would be (and it took five different graphics programs to actually make it work). But I hope the quality shows in the end product.

Obviously you can take these ideas and build any number of them for your own use in whatever color combination is most convenient to you (I have a rainbow assortment of the boxcars myself).

Happy building,

Benn

http://bricks.railfonts.com