 Trains / 30573
Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:20:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ted Michon wrote:
There's a reason that the 9V straight rails sold out immediately when LEGO
closed them out on S@H and that now, months later, that they still have 9V
curves at clearance prices.

To underscore that point, in a recent NELUG draft this summer, we had maybe 400
lots for our participants, about 17 of which were lots of curved track (unopened
boxes or groups of 8 rails). Also in the draft were such undesireables as foam
Belville parts and Bionicle dealybobs-- things you'd assume nobody really wants.
But the VERY last things to be chosen were the curved rails. In fact, a cheer
went out from one person in the draft who WASN'T reduced to taking curved rails.

It is disappointing that they don't have the two distinct sets, although I
expect they did it to save SKU's and/or (as Didier pointed out) to increase the
usefulness to non-AFOL purchasers.

DaveE