 Trains / 30316

Subject:
Long time away, new layout in making
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:10:06 GMT

Hi people. Some of you may remember me from other sections of Lugnet, most will
probably not. However, I have been building again for around the last 9 months
solid (or as solid as my life allows!) with a twist for me,..... TRAINS... a
VERY old passion revisited! I've been meaning to post on here for some time now
but too many weekends away leave me little time to do so.

Regular Brickshelf users may have noticed some of my recent uploads to my new
Train section <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=309654> being U.K
based it is all U.K models, trying to depict the more industrial grimey side of
the U.K railways.

I have a dedicated room, with a 6ft x 10 ft main base, running 2x 12v main
tracks (my 25 year old original set still going strong!) with sidings
independently operated and 1x 9v main track.
Its still pretty much at the in-between stages at the moment, all chipboard,
with some scenery being added. Purists will probably hate this but I am trying
to mix more "realistic" scenery such as model railway grass, gravel, ballast,
etc, to try to enhance the Lego. I realise this may be highly contraversial but
it is just personal taste and something that I have not often seen, so hopefully
offers something different! I'm interested to hear from anyone else who may have
done this succesfully creating the right mix / balance.......specifically anyone
in "Brickish" as I am quite interested in getting invloved.

Any comments and advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My layout is far beyond the pictures I now have in the gallery, its just a
matter of time for taking more and uploading them, to hopefully see the
transformation happening :)

Carl

Re: Long time away, new layout in making
I'm interested to hear from anyone else who may have
done this succesfully creating the right mix / balance.......specifically anyone
in "Brickish" as I am quite interested in getting invloved.

Any comments and advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My layout is far beyond the pictures I now have in the gallery, its just a
matter of time for taking more and uploading them, to hopefully see the
transformation happening :)

Carl

Carl, Nice to see a mixture of 9V & 12V, my 12V has been in the loft for some
time now. Are you not a member of Brickish, if not you will have to join and
share with others in the UK.
David

Re: Long time away, new layout in making