 Trains / 30070
Re: Type of metal used in 9V Track?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:05:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
Does anyone know what type of metal the 9V track rails are made of?

Is it copper?  Nickel Alloy of some kind?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott:

According to the book "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" the rails are made of
German Silver.  I will quote directly from the book.

"It is a metal alloy containing no toxic heavy metals, and it presents no danger
to people allergic to nickel.  The metal composition of the rails is: 64%
copper, 24% zinc, and 12% nickel."

That's what I know.  :-)

-Dave