 Trains / 30048
30047  |  30049
Subject:
Burlington Northern GP9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:48:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here is my take on a Burlington Northern GP9. The cab was the result of trying to reverse engineer Benn Coifman’s five-wide cab on his Northern Pacific GP9. Eventually I gave up on trying to duplicate his design and came up with my simpler version. The model was debuted at the Columbus, Ohio Great Train Expo but I finally got around to taking pictures of it today. I plan on making another one but in Soo Line colors to go with my Soo Line MP15-ACs. And since the files for making the 5-wide cab seen in the first Railbricks Reverse Engineering Challenge have been made public, I am going to incorporate that into my design since is it much more prototypical. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think. :)