 Trains / 29647
Re: LTC question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 05:31:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Keith Goldman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Keith Goldman wrote:
   Hello train-heads,

I’m interested in forming my own LTC, and I wanted to know if anyone could advise me on the procedure, or direct me the info somewhere else. My LUG brought a train layout to the NWBC, and I thought it would be cool to have an LTC to go with my LUG.

Keith:

LUG/LTC Potato/Poe-tah-to. It’s just a name. But you need a cool name. Most LTCs have gone with names that identify their geographic location. And preferably an acro for which you can secure the domain name (usually .org) And then you need a cool LOGO. Many LTCs have chosen former railroad logos (called “fallen flags”) in their region as springboards for their own logos (as seen HERE).

You probably already knew all that, but what you might not know is that, if you decide to go with a particular fallen flag, I’d be happy to assist you with any artwork (as I have for many other LTCs).

LMK at this email addy.

JOHN

John, of course i knew all that, I think it’s pretty obvious. I’m pretty stuck on calling it KeithLTC, but I really like the fallen flag idea too. I’ll do a little research into famous Nevada trains, do you think you can make a hellish union of both?

Time will tell; sounds like an interesting project!

   If I want official ILTCO recognition, what kind of donation and / or hazing is involved?

Well, there are several categories of ILTCO recognition. Even now you could contact the website and be listed in the “Aware” category. To be recognized as an “Affiliate” or “Active” requires submitting an application which details public exhibitions of your layout. There are also minimum membership requirements as well.

No donations required. Hazing information is strictly confidential; you’ll find out on a knee to nose basis, ‘kay? Why, I think that’s about the end of it.

JOHN