 Trains / 29485
Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:29:48 GMT

This is a beautiful engine. I love how detailed it is and I love that it shows off just how awsome 6 wide can be!

Thanks for the tips on the decals. I am suprised you photoshop from pictures instead of taking the easy way out and purchasing them from a model railroad dealer.

I don’t mind the studs at all. I think we sometimes get so caugt up in trying to hide those things that we forget that the stud is really a trademark of our hobby. We should be proud to show ‘em off! Ofcourse I don’t like alot of studs on a MOC, but a few here and there are always nice to see.

I am curious as to how you photographed this? I am working on a black engine myself and I find that black can be one of the hardest colors to photograph properly.

-Matt