 Trains / 29480
29479  |  29481
Subject:
The Metaline Falls RR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:37:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all,

Many of you may have already seen this, but for those who haven’t, let me take this opertunity to introduce you to my LEGO model railroad project: The Metaline Falls RR.

My Freelance railroad takes its name from the small town of Metaline Falls located on the Pend Oreille River, north of Spokane Washington.

Although It shares a name and location with a real place, this is where most of the similarities end.

My railroad follows an alternate history where the Pend Oreille Mine hit a rich deposit of ore in the mid 30’s leading to wide prosperity in the area. The mine is now one of the largest in the state and is still in operation today.

Currently The Metaline Falls RR serves the BNSF with ore, logs and timber and receives loads of treated lumber at the Sand Creek Furniture Factory.

The inspiration for this railroad has come from everyone out there in the LEGO trains community but the work of Jonathan Lopez is what really pushed me to try it for myself.

My goal is to create a small LEGO model railroad that has the same attention to detail and prototype realism that the more conventional layouts have, yet still highlights the fun and uniqueness that the LEGO bricks offer.

More images on my Flickr page

Enjoy!

-Matt Forcum