 Trains / 29085
  Controlling trains with NXT?

As some of you are probably aware, there are people who use DCC controls that allow them to operate two trains independantly on the same stretch of track. This system, however, requires that you hack open motor bogeys to install the DCC control (...) (17 years ago, 21-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Controlling trains with NXT?

(...) Block control was fairly common on model train layouts before DCC and other digital solutions became available. If you do a google search for "block control" you should find a few references. Yours is a variant of that. It works, but as you (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Controlling trains with NXT?

(...) Indeed, Steve Hassenplug & I did exactly this at BrickFest 2005 with the GBC trains - we had two trains running around a single loops, but in this case used four isolated sections so that each side fo the loop was under the complete control of (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)