 Trains / 28893
Re: Copenhagen Metro elevated railway station and train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:39:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Esben Kolind wrote:
   Hi,

Some years ago I built a subway station based on the new Copenhagen metro (Lugnet post, Brickshelf: station, train, reference pictures). Looking back now, I’m not quite satisfied with the result, especially the train could use a make-over.

Here is the new model, only this time I chose to model the elevated railway station “DR Byen” (lots of reference pictures in this folder):

--snip--

   So, what do you think of the station and train? I’ve been eager to present this model so all comments are welcome.

Esben

Hi Esben,

I think you’ve captured the look quite perfectly for the most part. Both the train and station are very attractive MOCs. I can understand your eagerness :)

The little details on the station are excellent. I love how many you’ve packed in without making the whole thing look cramped. I think my favourite detail is the bike rack but it’s hard to choose.

I must admit I’m not entirely sold on the lamps. Perhaps using 1x1->1x1 brackets (42446) would let you make thinner lamps to better match the real ones.

Apart from the one minor point I find the whole thing brilliant.

Tim