 Trains / 28867
28866  |  28868
Subject:
9v Motor Placement Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:17:43 GMT

I have a Super Chief that I've been taking to TexLUG meetings which currently
has 2 locomotives (A's) and 7 cars.  Each of the locos has a 9v motor each.
I've been looking to aquire a third locomotive so I can make a B unit (to make
an A-B-A config) so I can add a third motor to the train and help save my motors
overall.

My question is - which is better?

One motor on each locomotive - 1 on the first A, 1 on the B, and 1 on the last A

or

Two motors on the B - 1 on the first A and making the second A powerless

I've been told by one club they have the motors spread out, but for the only
reason being thats the way they do it, not because its better.

I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!

--Tony