 Trains / 28763
Re: Interesting Article About Train hobby....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:23:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J Railton wrote:

   I wonder how many of the Duplo Thomas’s that get sold actually get used on loops of track - especially since there’s no motor available?

It’s a pity, too, because we retrofitted our Duplo Thomas et al when they first came out with 9 volt motors, and kids at train shows go bonkers for them!

I remember talking to Brad Justus about TLG pursuing a license from (back then) Britt Allcroft; I believe it is one of the last things he secured before his departure. I told him that, yeah, do Duplo Thomas characters, but also create a 9 volt line of them as well. Didn’t happen, but I was pleased with any license nonetheless.

It’s funny, though. Having the Duplo Thomas around has made me put away my Thomas MOCs.

I hope the new characters get an earlier than stated release date.

JOHN