 Trains / 28612
Re: 1981 German LEGO Train Poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:47:33 GMT

This one, right?
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/canelalego/POSTERS/huge12v.jpg

Eric

That is a really weird track layout.

Tim

Re: 1981 German LEGO Train Poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:51:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
This one, right?
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/canelalego/POSTERS/huge12v.jpg

Eric

That is a really weird track layout.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I remember to think: "wow - what a cool layout!" in 1982 when I  first saw this.
But then I realized this had not a single loop. Today I know this may in fact be
realistically in a manner, that you do not have ovals in real life. But the play
value is definitely somewhat limited with the featured layout. The trains can
not switch from one line to the other. And they only can drife back and forth
and for sure never reach high speed.

But as a poster it is still cool.

Ben