 Trains / 27726
Re: How to hide that IR Electrics box?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 00:35:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
A design study to try to hide the IR electrics box on the new 6x30 IR train
baseplate when you want it thinner than 6-wide...

Any other ideas?

later,

James Mathis

I would suggest just not using the new IR baseplate. I have the new freight set
and I am not pleased with the pulling power of the train. Just pulling the 4
cars that come in the set, the wheels slip. So I guess I dont see the need to
want to make new trains with the IR train plate.

If you must use the plate, then you have a nice solution. You would have to have
tiles on the train plate to make the sides transition down. That would end up
making thinks bulky. I think anyway you look at it, the IR train plate makes
building 6 wide trains harder.

Dave
www.GPLR.org