 Trains / 27175
    Re: 9V Discontinued? - Rechargeable Batteries —Mark Bellis
   (...) (SNIP) (...) It seems there are a few types of rechargeable batteries to consider: NiCds are made obsolete by the European RoHS directive (banning Cadmium), and they also suffer from memory effect. NiMH are becoming more common in standard (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 9V Discontinued? - Rechargeable Batteries —Mathew Clayson
   (...) The trains at LLCA apear to use gel cell/lead acid batteries. I'm considering a similar system, and have already tested something like it. I built a 4 wide train for a recent display. I used 4.5v track but had it spaced 2 studs apart enstead (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)