 Trains / 27098
  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Oh, and I was misled. I thought the trains were radio controlled. Apprently, they are Infra-RED controlled. I mistakenly put radio in my post. I revise my statement in the EE Degree. I will now need a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:Iwus58.yn2@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Bluetooth would have been the right answer! Mike (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Todd- IR is cheaper and easier than R/C. R/C requires regulatory approval in many places (like the US) and frequencies must vary with country. IR can be the same everywhere and requires no approvals. Of course IR has the disadvantage of being (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)