 Trains / 26921

Subject:
Wonderful Show in St. Paul
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:08:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

GMLTC had a very successful show in St. Paul this last weekend as part of the
"World's Greatest Hobby on Tour" show.  ( http://www.wghshow.com/ )  We had
people packed in shoulder to shoulder and about three deep for pretty much then
entire show.  We were about a half an hour into take down before we actually
chased away the last of the visitors.

I had two roughly seven year old boys I saw down by the lighthouse.  I was back
in that area about ten minutes later and I asked them if they weren't going to
look at more of the layout.  Their response?  "We can't move."  They really
couldn't.  There was such a press forward from the crowd that it was a little
scary and we abandoned even having a patrol on the outside of the layout because
you couldn't see the layout from six feet away.

Of special note, we owe a debt of graditude to Dan for making sure we were able
to finally display the entire 30"x17" rectangle.  There is no way we could have
done this show as a "L".  Dan, hat's off.

Startribune covered the convention and gave us about 1/3rd of page 3 in the
metro section of the Sunday paper.  No real copy on us, but a nice picture.
That's here.  http://www.startribune.com/462/story/271067-a271242-t3.html
(Story not about us is here.  http://www.startribune.com/462/story/271067.html )

Finally, if you haven't seen Steve's model of the Minneapolis light rail... well
wow.  You have to and soon.  It's worth me spending all evening trying to
finally get our website back on it's feet just to show that beauty off.  As some
of you know I used to work with Lego as a "Professional Lego Model Builder" and
both myself and a buddy of mine who used to do set design for Lego in Denmark
were quite impressed with this model when we got to see it in person this
weekend.

Re: Wonderful Show in St. Paul (Pictures Posted!)