 Trains / 26789
Re: WamaLTC - Photos from Two Shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:32:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes wrote:
WamaLTC just completed two weekends in a row of shows.

Photos from the Great American Scale Model Train show in Timonium Maryland on
Febuary 4 and 5 can be found here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=166111, and
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=167342.

Photo from the Worlds Greatest Hobby on Tour Show in Chantilly Virginia on
February 11 and 12 are here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=167351, and

There are differences between the two layout because different people
participated in the shows (and we never do the same layout twice).

Both layouts had a working bascule bridge to allow us to get into the layout
without crawling on the floor.  The Timonium show was at the Maryland State Fair
Grounds in the "Cow Palace" and, well, the floor was not real clean - but the
flies were gone!  We did a show there in October and that inspired me to build
the bridge.

The bridge used a 9-volt technic motor to open and close.  The motor was
connected to a train controler.  The white counter weight is solid Lego - mostly
1x1 bricks.

Bob

i was checking out pics of that bridge last night. i must say it is truly
impressive. there are plenty of great ideas incorperated and it realy looks
realistic. if you get a chance more pics would be awsome!
ondrew