 Trains / 26786
Re: Differences between instructions and cover photo of old trainsets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 04:59:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
I have several copies of the blue wagon 131. The instructions show one
left door (the other door is not clearly visible). Most of my copies came
with right doors. None of them were MISB, so they could have been rebuild
without taking care of the type of the door.

??
Is this a joke or am I missing something? I always thought these were
symmetric? You decide the way how to mount the door in its frame. You may
choose left or right (at least when you are talking about the 3x1x4 door).

I'm talking about the red 1x2x3 door (part number 32 and 33).
The set inventory at peeron includes 2 left doors (part 32)
I just checked the set inventory at bricklink, which includes 1 left door
(part 32) and one right door (part 33).
To make this set even more confusing, the set inventory at peeron includes 6
red 1x2x2 windows (part 7026),
The photograph on the instructions and the instruction images show the
version without extended lip.
All my four copies (none MISB) had the windows without extended lip, although
one of them had 1 window with extended lip and 5 without.

P.S. that the peeron inventory includes my name at the bottom was that I
corrected other parts in the inventory, not the doors being left or right.

The Peeron inventory has been changed to show two p/n 33 right doors.
Ben, your picture shows a right door on one side, are both doors the same?
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/trains/blue_era/pi359.jpg
That picture also shows the small ledge window as described, and as listed in
the Peeron inventory.

If you have any other corrections for this set, or even the number from the
sticker sheet, please let me know.

Thanks for the information,
Clark
Peeron Admin