 Trains / 26572
    Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains —Jason J. Railton
   (...) You've also got the problem that if they work like the volume control on a TV remote (which is likely) the signals are "speed up" and "slow down", not absolute speed values. Since you have no way of knowing whether the train received a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains —Ross Crawford
   (...) Agreed, and even if your RCXs can tell each other "I sent XX speed signals to the train" there's no guarantee it received them. I would be surprised if the control doesn't have a "stop" button though. ROSCO (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)