 Trains / 25795
25794  |  25796
Subject:
Ability of newer 9V motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:56:58 GMT

Since I'm new to Lego trains (bought my first Lego train set last week #4511 +
an extra #10158 car), I'm wondering exactly how powerful the little motor that
comes with the set is.  It seems to have no problem moving the 3 cars that I
currently own around its short circle track at high velocity.  But I want to
expand that set, mainly by adding 2 more #10158 passenger cars, and an
additional #10157 locomotive.  Will the one 9V motor be enough to pull/push that
many cars around, or should I invest in a second motor for the tail locomotive?

Can the standard train speed regulator provide enough power for two motors over
a large quantity of track?

Any help or previous knowledge in the matter would be great.

Also, I'm looking to tray and motorize the track switches using technic motors
and add a constant 9V power source to control them, is there an easy way to do
such a thing?