 Trains / 25590
25589  |  25591
Subject:
Corgo loading crane, and cargo ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:02:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The SCLTC has been showing a layout at the Orange County Fair in Southern California, and just posted some images. And I wanted to point out a couple of my MOCs.

The first is a cargo loading crane. I threw this togather in an evening just before the show. It took up all of my yellow studded technic beams, other then the 1x2s. I would have had a few more, but my daugter used them for a Ferris Wheel. 8) The crane can travel the direction of the railroad track, about 22”. With a duel sliding shuttle that holds a cargo container grab as well as a hook. The shuttle can transfer containers for the ship to trucks or either train track, or the reverse.

The second is my rendetion of a minifig scale Maersk Sealand containger ship. This is the smallest of the minifig scale Maersk that I’ve seen, but if it got much larger it would take over the display. As it is, I can’t place it at the cargo crane. It’s ~40” long, and the table is only 30” deep. The ship can hold 52 SLCU (standard LEGO cargo units), including 10 below the deck level. More if I remove the helecopter pad. The ship is made from 2 Maersk Sealand kits, and some extra inverse slopes from BL. Most of the cargo containers are solid brick.

Please feel free to look around on the site, as there are some great mocs by other members of the the club.

Mat Clayson