 Trains / 25536

Subject:
just checking in, home safe and sound
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:05:25 GMT

The GMLTC contingent made it home safe and sound, although having travelled a bit farther than expected. (Ok, I’ll admit it - I got on the wrong freeway heading out from one of the Chicago Lego stores! D’oh!!)

The show was absolutely unbelievable. Somewhere around THIRTY operating train and monorail loops, more great MOCs than I could shake a stick at, people from over a dozen different clubs all coming together and joining effort and putting on something amazing.

I heard SO MANY comments from the ‘traditional’ model railroaders, and every single one was positive...

I think we raised the bar on what the LEGO train community can do, and for the visibility and acceptance of LEGO trains in the model railroading world.

I hope to post pictures later this week - I’m sure there will be several hundred of them posted from different people!

To all the folks who made this happen, I tip my cap to you. Thanks for letting a couple of GMLTC misfits come play on the coolest LEGO train layout I’ve ever seen...

JohnG, GMLTC

Re: just checking in, home safe and sound