 Trains / 24746
Re: Less than 1/2-stud door inset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:59:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   Here’s an idea for a train door “look” that is inset by less than 1/2-stud.>
I used a similar thing for the first version of my WAP-5’s grille once:

http://irfca.org/articles/samarth/wap5-grille2.jpg
http://irfca.org/articles/samarth/wap5-grille3.jpg

But I hadn’t really delved into using it for a different door offset, obvious though it may be. However, I had been toying with the idea of using headlight bricks in a similar manner for the same application. Nevertheless, its a good application, thanks for the note :-D

Yeah, to use the backside of two 1x1 headlight bricks instead of the Technic brick 1x2 with two side holes might offer a better stiction connection to the “L” brack with 1/2-plate thickness.

Thanks. later,

James Mathis