 Trains / 24589
  Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

On my way into work on Friday, I turned down the street near what used to be Omaha’s Union Station (it’s now a cool museum) on the way toward the active rail bridges that I like to drive under. I almost stopped the car doing a double-take, though, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

In lugnet.trains, Tony Alexander wrote: (snip) I recall these units (or at least the DD40AX anyway?) were on some short track between the Airport and downtown that you could see from the road. I stopped one day (it was rather foggy) and got a hwole (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

(...) I know where you mean...it's a neat display, though I thought the location a little lacking. Is that the same loco? I thought it looked familiar. Hopefully, putting it in the botanical gardens will be at least as good a display, though you (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

(...) You know what is ironic about those pictures. Is the fact that a train, used for hauling all sorts of goods around the world. Is being hauled by a truck, ironic. Dave (19 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

(...) It happens all the time in Britain. It's shameful. It's almost enough to keep 2 heavy haulage companies in work on its own! It's worse when the destination for the loco is a place with a rail connection. Mark (19 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

(...) HA! I thought that, too!! Peace and Long Life, Tw0nst3r tw0nst3r@earthlink*I...MALOT*.net (19 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)