 Trains / 24083
Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:07:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ken Nagel wrote:

<snip>

"Some pigs are more equal than other pigs" George Orwell-Animal Farm
Ken

Whereas I think I can see both sides of this issue, 1- Larry wasn't posting as
an admon, he was posting as a user of LUGNET, justlike the rest of us, and 2- by
the very fact that he mentioned o.t.fun should have made it obvious that he was
just having fun and wasn't being serious at all in his post.

Now I know from very recent circumstances that people that have past animosity
towards one another, then one of them posts something that, from the outside
looks like it's just fun, can be construed by the other party that it's
malicious, and, if Larry knew about the acrimonious relationship between the two
of you, I'll state that he shold have used better judgement.

THen again, one could say htat Larry was trying to make a light hearted effort
of 'burying the hatchet', again,k had he known about this bad relationship
between the two of you.

As it stands, I won't speak for Larry, but I will point out that taking the
words exactly as they are posted, Larry's post wasn't offensive.  I didn't find
it amusing, much, but I can see where the humour would be.

Dave K
-who just has far too much time on his hands to post to many different threads
here on LUGNET.  Maybe I'll go open a 10152 and start building...

Now *that's* funny!
-trimmed miscellaneous groups 'cause myy post had nothing to do with trains, et
al, but I guess should be left in admin groups...