 Trains / 23792
Re: Shows over folks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.clb
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:26:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ken Nagel wrote:
The Second anuall Midwest Lego Train Show was a big hit. We're still waiting on
final attendance totals! The pictures go on though!

My 4-year-old son and I spent both mornings there, and on Saturday afternoon, my
wife and our 2-month old joined us too.  We all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Some here will think I'm exaggerating, but: we used to live about 40 minutes
from Legoland California, and visited that frequently, but in many ways this was
better.  Sure, Legoland is (much!) bigger, but there was a tremendous amount of
fun and detail packed into these layouts, and getting to chat with the builders
made it really precious.

I'd like to thank the presenters who gave up their weekend (and part of their
week!) to share their creations with us and the other visitors.  It was great to
meet those of you I hadn't met before, and I dream of one day building something
that will look half as good as yours!

Best,
- Joe