 Trains / 22817
Re: BBB Wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:18:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
Hi All,
I have been wondering what people have been building with the BBB steam driver
wheels... (maybe I missed 'em if they have been posted before)

SteveB

I've got a 4-6-4 in the works, with all three drivers tied together.  I ended up
grinding off the flanges on the trailing wheels.  Although deflanging the center
pair produces less overhang over the track, it forced my leading truck to have
to adapt more, which started to interfere with my cylinders ... oh, the drama!
Anyway:

- 4-6-4 layout
- Third pair of drivers de-flanged
- Rigid tie rod connection amongst all drivers
- All drivers geared together with 24t spur gears to eliminate relative
slippage

I'm slowly converting it from technicolor to black, and still tweaking the
trailing truck.

-s