 Trains / 22546
22545  |  22547
Subject:
Frisco 1630 and other Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:34:20 GMT

Does anyone have any information on this train?  I would like to see more
pictures.  I really like it.

Thanks!  Yes, that is a model of the Frisco 1630, and actual locomotive
operating at the Illinois Railway Museum (www.irm.org).  Its 9wide, has sound
synchonized to the drivers and a whistle activated by a reed switch underneath.
The motor is in the center of the tender with faux trucks swiveling around each
end.  I have no photos to share but there are a couple more views in the photos
fellow club member Ken Nagel posted of NILTC's show this past weekend:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=74869".

In these photos you can also see my Metra train and radio-controlled SuperChief:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=683583".  This engine uses the
Lego Racers radio control unit to provide power from the track to the motors.
The PC board of the unit is exactly 6 bricks wide making it very easy to install
in an 8wide engine.  I ran extra wires to the trucks so that power pickup and
motor control are separate.  The daughterboard on the PCboard has been
re-attached with a flex cable to permit it to stand vertical, and the switches
were moved to the top of the board as well.

- Brian Williams