 Trains / 22274
22273  |  22275
Subject:
Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 03:37:57 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After many months of hard work and waiting, my new book "Getting Started With
LEGO Trains" is almost here! As we speak, the bulk of the books are on a ship on
its way to San Francisco, and should arrive any time. I'll follow-up with a
final release date as soon as I have it.

A bit of info to pass on in the meantime:

- Price: The price has been changed from $24.95 to $14.95!

- Where to buy: In the US, you should be able to buy at many of the bigger book
stores like Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc. Additionally, Amazon.com, BN.com,
and Amazon.co.uk will stock it. Not sure on others yet.

- Book Web site: I've developed a small support site that I'll work on expanding
over time. You can find it at: http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/trains

- ILTCO discount: The publisher, No Starch Press has an arrangement for user
groups and clubs to order larger quantities at a discount. You and your club may
be interested in buying at a discount and selling at full price at shows/events
as a way to support the club activities. I'll be mailing the ILTCO list
seperately about this.

And... drum roll please... I'll have about 30 copies at Brickfest PDX for
purchase. First come, first served, but if you want to ensure you walk away with
a copy, email me at sink AT countersinkdg DOT com, and we can arrange a purchase
via PayPal. You can then pick up your copy in Portland!

If I missed anything, please feel free to ask!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Webmaster - BIP