 Trains / 21854
Re: The Coolest Picture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:06:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:
   J-2 -

What is the element that you use for the roof of the structure in this picture? I don’t recognize it.

Mike

It’s a big Belville or Scala plate, I think.

JohnG, GMLTC

Thanks to Eric for the compliments. Some comments:

This is a pic of the TCLTC’s subway. First, some credit where it is due. I first saw LEDs used in the GMLTC subway by John Gerlach and liked them a lot, but struggled with the non-purity idea, but the fact is that even 50 LEGO lights didn’t do the trick, and so I acquiesced and let Ross have at it. He did all of the wiring and soldering. The only brick mutilation that occured (Lar;-) is that I had to drill a hole into the basebricks for the wires to reach the lights. I actually built the subway itself; you can see some of the stages of building in that folder. Mike: the roof consists of 2 Scala baseplates (basebricks I should say). I bound them together pretty well and they lift out as one piece to allow access to inside the subway. Finally, credit for the pic itself goes to my daughter, Natalie. She stuck our digital camera inside the subway and got that shot. I never would have thought of that, and as Eric noted, it turned out pretty cool!

Ross and I have been very productive this past month building the layout; I am hoping to finish up a few things and take a lot of pics that I’m thinking will blow folks away!

JOHN

It’s a beautiful setup, and now you say it’s a family effort.

Wonderful!

Let your kids know they do awesome work.

Take care,

Dave K