 Trains / 21456
Re: Developments in the garage door / train car line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 04:25:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Alastair Disley wrote:
Some of you may remember the discussion between James Mathis and I a few
months ago over how to fit garage doors into the side of 6-wide train
cars.  I've now refined the design in line with the last lot of
improvements I suggested, and built a prototype wagon.  The colour
scheme was by necessity rather than choice, but the door part could be
fitted in a number of models.  Perhaps one wagon could have two doors.
The design would certainly suit a more boxy car than this one.

Perhaps most important though is that it works, and works well.  Take a
look at:

http://aldisley.care4free.net/lego/traincar.html

Excellent work, Alastair!  I'm looking forward to trying this out.

later,
James Mathis