 Trains / 21176
Re: high speed train on MOC pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:56:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Paul Janssen wrote:
I finally got around to taking daylight pictures of my high speed train set.

Visit

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1656?r=590904032

You're welcome to write a review (of any of my creations). Many more to come in
the next weeks (mainly train and town).

I missed this at the time. I think it's spiffy. Thanks for sharing

Thanks.

The nose reminds me of more modern Shinkasens (whereas my bluestriped white HST
is designed to be more like earlier ones), which kind of have a shovely nose.

True, although not modeled after a shinkansesn, having lived in Japan and having
seen them alot, something must have stuck. Next one I'm going to try will
probably be modeled after the one-but-last- series. The one with the extremely
long and low nose (can't think of the series number right now).

Can you tell us more about what the fiber optic drive is trying to accomplish?
Is this supposed to be a futuristic train in that it has some sort of as yet
uninvented drive?

As soon as can finaly fine tune the hyperfotonic drive stabilizing left wing
nut, I'll patent the technology, and will tell you al about it.

I'd like to see it in action on a layout I guess. For some reason outdoor shots
don't do much for me.

Here are two not so great shots, I'll make some at the Dayton GATS (Oct 11/12):

(note also the 4-wide Santa Fe monorail)

Paul