 Trains / 20580
Re: LDCC and Boosters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:10:27 GMT

This is great.  I have one question.  I assume that the DCC stationary
decoder does need to be powdered and it can be powered by either
batteries or AC/DC 9 volt adapator.

Yes, that's correct, the decoder RCX still needs to be powered,
but it doesn't have to be AC, you can use batteries since the switches
aren't drawing lots of continuous power.

I was wondering if there is a DC component to the DCC signaling such that you
could actually draw the power from the track to power the decoder RCXs?

SteveB