 Trains / 19740
Re: High Speed Diesel Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:01:14 GMT

"Bob Hayes" <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message
news:HD57t6.15I8@lugnet.com...
The more that I look at the box art for the new passenger train
(http://www.iltco.org/sneakpeek/boxart/?image=1), the more that I dislike
the engine.  Maybe it is the bird beak front, or the canopy windscreen • (does
it come with an ejection seat?)  I just noticed that the sides are only • four
bricks high - no train door added to those cars.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I went back and looked at the picture and something else caught my eye.  On
the back end of the 2nd Class car, there appears to be a newer version of
this part that uses click hinges:

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2582

I really hope that isn't the case.  The proliferation of click hinges is
IMNSHO one of the better decisions LEGO has made.  It is good part choice in
some sets (e.g. Snow Speeder) and a terrible choice in others (e.g. Soccer
Bus).

From the alternate model on the back of the box art, it certainly looks like
this element has also succumbed to the click hinge.  Bleh.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com