 Trains / 19579
Re: Origin of these printed bricks! + further 60ies train riddels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:45:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Ian Bishop writes:

Bif,
I think these are from lego set 113 [a train]. The lugnet pic is poor for your
needs:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/113_2

This is better [get yourself a coffee & enjoy]:
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/trains/blue_era/blue_era.phtml

Scott A

Hi Scott + Bif,

yes, those bricks are definitely from set 113. Thanks for quoting mmy
homepage! I hope it needs a cup of coffee not because of a lame server
connection, but because of the huge amount of information and pictures...
Right now I fixed another small typo mistake in the explaining text beneath 113
and I added the link to Clark's printed beams gallery at Brickshelf as I wanted
to do since weeks....

There is still an open expert question on 113: has this set always been soold
with one type of hook coupling? There are possibly two variants of the
train set with the couplings with a) 2x2 plate and with b) 2x4 plate. I tend to
say: early 113s came with a), the
later ones with more sturdy b).

At least for the latter version there is a proof given:
Wolfgang Schaefer has not only building talent (ICE-train and others), he also
owns a MISB 113 which contains 4x2-couplings:

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.: Another open train riddle:  in old booklets from the end-sixties there
are lots of pictures which show spoked wheels with 12 spokes and with
corrugated running surface. All wheels I have ever seen in real life are smooth
and have 10 spokes.

These prototypes are even to bee seen in the 123 instructions:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0123/0123-01.html

Has anybody ever held such a wheel in his hands?