 Trains / 18990
Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tom Cook writes:
I finally finished my B&O Railroad "Lord Baltimore" V-2 Hudson (4-6-4) steam
engine.  Pics can be found at www.lgauge.com .  Feedback welcome.

That you got the mainrod and connecting rod to work is nifty. I found those
rods to be a bit "heavy" for the model's scale. Dunno about that gray coal
though... :-) This ain't the Phoebe Snow road, it's B&O!

The locomotive is rather uncluttered for my taste (not a lot of appliances
and piping and suchlike), but then, so is the prototype, which is almost
sort of "semi jacketed" or "sort of streamlined" as everything is hidden
below the cladding, or so it seems, yet it's not actually streamlined the
way that big Chessie Hudson recently posted is. So consider that a criticism
of the prototype choice rather than the realization. :-)

Are both tender truck motors DCC'ed ? Independent or slaved together with
one receiver (I'm in an airport, may have missed those pics in your gallery)?

Very nice work Tom. Spotlighted.

Hopefully this doesn't mean we aren't going to see any more diesels out of
you...